Hi everyone! I’ve been wanting to do a post that gives you all some insight on how I do my shopping, since quite a few people ask me about shopping tips and all that. Each season, I make a wishlist of items that are both up to date with fashion trends and neutral enough that I can wear them over and over again. Outside of the wishlist, I buy outfits for specific occasions if there’s nothing in my closet that fits the vibe I’m going for.
This is a quick set I put together on Polyvore. I quickly searched for these pieces so you get the general idea of what I’m looking for, but I’ll be searching for specific items that fit me well and are of good quality over the next few weeks, both online and at the mall. And of course I’ll be styling outfits with these pieces in the future! (Please note that these pieces are not in any specific order and none of these are meant to be outfits!)
1. Lace bralet – perfect for a midi skirt or high-waist trousers. They sell these just about everywhere!
2. Off-the-shoulder white lace top – I have my eye on a few styles from Zara; I love how delicate and breezy this piece is.
3. Grey tank – A great staple. I just stocked up on black and white tanks and v-necks, so I’m trying to incorporate more grey into my wardrobe.
4. Sleeveless trenchcoat – I LOVE the look of a sleeveless trench with jeans and a cami. I’m obsessed with jackets, and I don’t get the opportunity to wear them often enough in Florida, so I’m really happy these exist.
5. Bomber jacket – Topshop has the perfect bomber jackets!
1. Black fringe skirt – A fun yet classic piece. These are sold at a bunch of ‘fast fashion’ retailers.
2. Nude/camel suede skirt – 70’s vibes that can be carried over into next year because of how timeless a camel skirt is.
3. Grey jeans – Okay, so let me confess that I was never really a fan of grey/silver, but now that I’ve seen a bunch of grey monochromatic looks, I’m totally bursting out of my style bubble and adding these to my closet.
4. Boyfriend shorts – I’m taking summer classes and these are perfect, since I personally dislike wearing high-waist shorts to school.
5. Pom pom shorts – Quirky shorts for summer. They’re selling these just about everywhere – I saw some almost identical to these at Forever21 a few weeks ago.
1. Pink cat eye sunglasses – I have classic aviators, oversized black sunglasses, and round sunglasses, so now I need to switch it up 😉 Plus pink is my favorite color!
2. Harness bra – I’m obsessed with how these look under slouchy tank tops. Perfect for the heat when you want to add some oomph to a plain tank.
3. Bucket bag – These have been going in and out of style like crazy over the past decade (maybe even longer?), and I’m ready to hop on the bandwagon. I like bucket bags because they can be crossbody or handheld and they fit a good amount of things in them.
My list might change a little bit from now until I’m ready to start purchasing things, but this is the general idea. I’m trying to transition my wardrobe to more neutral pieces that I can mix and match, so I won’t be looking at piles and piles of clothes complaining about how I have nothing to wear.
What’s on your summer wishlist? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. – The shoes in the opening picture are the ‘Runway Supreme’ heels I purchased from Lola Shoetique around my birthday. I think they’re a pretty good dupe for the Aquazzura ones. Lace-up black heels are a must-have item!
[…] discount. You may have also noticed that I finally purchased a bucket bag (first mentioned in this post) – I stumbled across it while I was at Express trying to kill some time, and I […]