Hi lovelies! I hope you’re all doing well, given the current state of the Southeastern US and Caribbean this week. Mostly everyone in my region of Florida got really lucky and I’m so grateful for that. I finally got around to putting my Fall wishlist together, which obviously means I have an exam coming up that I’m procrastinating studying for. Without further ado, these are my picks for this season, based on what’s trending (and my personal taste, of course!):
- Distressed tees – Whether purchased from a store or made yourself, distressed tees can be paired with all types of bottoms for a chic and comfy look. I love the idea of repurposing old band tees into a distressed tee.
- Chunky cutout sweaters – Chunky sweaters are always a must-have item, and this fall, they’re coming back with all types of cutouts; choker collars, sleeve cutouts, v-backs. Definitely picking up a few of these before Thanksgiving!
- Lace-up hoodies – I was the middle and high schooler that wore hoodies every day in 90 degree weather, because they’re so comfy. Rihanna amped them up with the lace-up style for her latest collaboration with Puma, and other retailers/designers are doing the same. LOVE.
- Velvet slip dresses – I’ve worn a few silk slip dresses in the past year, and if you know me, you know that I love playing with texture in the cooler months. I already have a bunch of velvet slip dress outfits planned out and I can’t wait until I find the perfect one!
- Sweatshirt dresses – You will soon see that a bunch of my picks are all about comfort. The sweatshirt dress is no exception. You could even wear a really oversized hoodie if you’re about it, and nobody would be able to tell the difference. I will definitely be rocking one of these to class in the near future with my Adidas Originals Superstars.
- Oversized cardigans – This BDG cardigan from Urban Outfitters is probably my favorite cardigan of all time, and I’m not just being dramatic. Like, if I could pick one outfit to wear for the rest of my life, or to be stranded somewhere with, this would definitely be a part of it. It comes in a bunch of different colors, and you can wear it completely on your torso in the colder months, or drape it off your shoulder on warmer days.
- Frayed denim – I would say that I’m the type of fashionista that will only take risks to a certain extent. Normally, frayed denim would be right outside of that, but there’s something so captivating about it. I will definitely be trying these if I can get my hands on a pair my size this Autumn!
- Body chains and bralettes – I’ve been wearing body chains for years now, but chain bralettes are becoming a widespread ‘thing’ and I’m lovin’ it. I have a couple from ASOS and Windsor but I plan on buying at least one more from a small business owner.
- Velvet booties – I will probably own every velvet item I can find by the end of the year, and boots are no exception. There’s something so sleek about velvet booties, especially in deep tones like navy, burgundy, and black.
- Mom jeans – Mom jeans have officially made a comeback, and I am one-hundred percent here for it. Although it takes trial and error to find the perfect ones for your body, once you find them, you can style them with almost everything.
- Oversized fishnets – Okay, so this trend definitely reminds me of my dance recital days, but oversized fishnets glammed up with pants and heels are currently giving me all types of life. Since it’s close to Halloween, it’s really easy to find them for cheap at costume stores.
- Over the knee/thigh high boots – I have always been obsessed with over the knee boots, but I’ve also always had a love/hate relationship with them. It seems like you have to be the perfect height and calf circumference to wear them, but being almost 6′ I can rarely find true over the knee boots. I’m hoping Steve Madden doesn’t disappoint!
Not pictured: Embroidered everything. As long as it’s done tastefully, it looks amazing.
As far as shopping around for these items goes, it’s all about balance. The pieces that I’ll be wearing for more than one season, I don’t mind spending more money on. For trendy items such as the fishnets, embroidered items, frayed denim, and the cutout sweaters, I’m going to be searching fast-fashion stores such as Missguided, Forever21, Zara and H&M.
What are your fall picks? Let me know in the comments!