Fluffy heeled sandals have been popping up like crazy on Instagram accounts around the world since last fall, and I love that you can either dress them up with a slinky dress or down with cropped jeans and a tank. As soon as I laid eyes on these sandals, tons of white and nude spring/summer outfits flooded my mind. There was only one problem…no one makes them in my size. I had to take matters into my own hands and make them myself! So today I’m going to share my simple DIY project with you all, which was inspired by this Spikes and Sequins post.
What You’ll Need:
1. Heeled sandals (purchased mine from JustFab when they had a deal going on for half off all heeled sandals! If you order these, you’ll want to size .5-1 full size down; you can go ahead and get yours from almost anywhere)
3. Marabou feather boa (got mine from this Etsy shop, I only needed one)
4. Glue (tacky glue, a hot glue gun, E6000; I personally used E6000 because I’ve used it on shoes before)
5. Measuring tape
1. Measure the strap that goes over the toes of the sandals all the way across.
2. Cut the feather boa to size, and be prepared for loose feathers to fly everywhere.
3. Put glue on the strap of your sandals and let it set (for people using E6000; you might prefer to put glue on the stem of the boa piece if you use a different type of glue) for a couple of minutes.
4. Press the boa piece down to the strap of the shoe and hold for 1-2 minutes.
5. Repeat on the next shoe, and then set them aside to dry.
Ta da! Fluffy heeled sandals! These only cost me $25 to make, which is way cheaper than what they would’ve been if a store had them in my size. If you want to just go ahead and purchase the fluffy heeled sandals, you can find a white pair at Public Desire (based in the UK).
[…] paired the bodysuit with the Ruched Back Slinky Long Midi Skirt – Camel from Missguided, my DIY heels from a previous post, my ASOS Flower Embellished Clutch Bag, and the H&M Conscious Collection […]